Pea & Mint Pesto Spud Lite Salad
- 750g Bag Baby Spud Lite potatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 125g Smoky bacon, diced
- 1/3 Cup Greek style yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Frozen peas, blanched
- 50g Goats feta, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
PEA & MINT PESTO
- 1 Clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup frozen peas, blanched
- 1/4 Cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 Cup smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup parmesan, grated
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - Pre-heat Oven
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
Step 2 - Make Pea & Mint Pesto
For the pesto, place garlic, peas, mint, juice, zest, almonds and parmesan together in a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
While the food processor is going, carefully and slowly add the olive oil until the pesto is a smooth and a consistency to your liking. Set aside until required.
Step 3 - Cook Baby Spud Lite
Place potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a roasting pan, tossing until well coated. Place pan in preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool sightly.
Place bacon in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until crispy.
Step 4 - Serve Spud Lite Salad
To serve, combine Greek yogurt and 3/4 cup pesto together in a small mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Add this to the warm potatoes, tossing until well coated. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle over crispy bacon, peas, feta and mint leaves and season with salt and pepper.