Spud Lite Potato Fritters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 100gm bacon, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 600gm Spud Lite potatoes, grated and squeezed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- avocado, deseeded and diced
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - Cook Bacon, Garlic and Chilli
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon, garlic and chilli, stirring until well coated. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Step 2 - Combine Potato Ingredients
Place grated, squeezed potato to a large mixing bowl with cooled bacon mixture, spring onions, corn and coriander, stirring until well combined. Now add flour, cheddar, parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper, stirring until combined.
Step 3 - Cook Potato Fritters
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, over a medium heat. Add ¼ cups of potato mixture in batches of four and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Add extra oil between batches, as required.
Step 4 - Serve Spud Lite Potato Fritters
Serve fritters with tomato salsa, sour cream and avocado.