Spud Lite Baby Skewers with Salsa Verde
- 750gm Spud Lite Baby potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 Chorizo sausages, sliced into 1cm thick rounds
- 1 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
SALSA VERDE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup basil
- 1/3 cup coriander
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped (keep the seeds if you like the spice)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - Boil Spud Lite Potatoes
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add sliced potatoes and cook 3 minutes or until just becoming tender. Drain and cool.
Step 2 - Make Spud Lite Skewers
Slide a potato slice onto eight skewers followed by a slice each of Chorizo, red capsicum and red onion. Repeat process another three times, until you have four of each ingredients on eight skewers.
Step 3 - Make Salsa Verda Sauce
Slide a potato slice onto eight skewers followed by a slice each of chorizo, red capsicum and red onion. Repeat process another three times, until you have four of each ingredients on eight skewers.
Step 4 - Dress Spud Lite Potatoes
Dress the potatoes in olive oil and seasoning. Place into pre-heated oven and roast until golden brown.
Step 5 - BBQ Spud Lite Skewers and Serve
Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high and brush prepared skewers with olive oil. Place skewers on preheated barbecue for 3 minutes on each side or until onion is cooked through and skewers are lightly charred. Serve skewers with salsa verde.